Come visit with us this coming Saturday at Northerly Island from Noon to 4 pm. We will be participating in the Chicago Park Districts Polar Adventure Days. You will be able to meet some of our Educational Birds of Prey.
The program is admission free.
Polar Adventure Days offer families the opportunity to explore Northerly Island and come face-to-face with live animals, engage in winter activities, watch ice sculpture carvings, and create nature-inspired crafts.
The following features and activities will be available at Polar Adventure Days:
- The first 500 visitors receive a complimentary Polar Adventure Day mug filled with hot chocolate. Limit one per person.
- Nadeau’s Ice Sculpture carves magical creations on site.
- Various live animals will be on site to discover including our birds of prey.
- An arctic camping demo by Northwest Passage.
- Siberian huskies will be present and adventurers will talk about their Iditarod dog sled race experiences.
- Live entertainment including winter storytelling.
- Arts and craft tables for making nature-inspired creations.
- Free snowshoe rental for exploration of the island (if there is snow).
- REI will discuss winter activities.
This the first of 3 dates for Polar Adventure Days, Saturdays, Dec. 13, Jan. 17 and Feb. 21, at Northerly Island, 1400 S. Lynn White Dr., on the Museum Campus.